Berkeley Waterproof Orthopaedic dog beds are pocket sprung mattresses usually the first choice of orthopaedic mattress for humans. So here is the canine equivalent!
The individual springs work independently, meaning the bed offers support from the edge to the centre of the mattress. This allowing dogs to stretch out with ease, supporting their joints and distributing weight evenly.
Features of Berkeley Waterproof Orthopaedic Dog Beds
- Waterproof Orthopaedic Dog Beds from Berkeley are 20 cm (8″) deep rectangular mattress with a central layer of pocket springs, sandwiched between 4 layers of rebound felt. This core is then wrapped in lambswool and compressed and buttoned inside a tough zipped natural cotton drill inner bag. The felt is made from a mix of recycled cotton and wool with a small percentage of polyester to give added ‘bounce’.
- Pocket spring mattresses are the preferred choice for most human orthopaedic beds. They contain many individual springs, housed in fabric pockets, all working independently of each other. This means that support is offered from the edge to the centre of the mattress. The coil pocket springs in our waterproof orthopaedic dog beds allow your dog to either ‘nest’ or stretch-out with ease. This is turn helps to provide an ideal balance of joint support, even weight distribution, insulation and cushioning.
- The outer cover that is supplied as standard is a durable 100% waterproof PVC-backed polyester pillow case-design that is sealed with heavy duty ‘Velcro’. This can easily be removed for machine washing or it can be left in place and simply wiped or hosed down.
- Overcovers in tartan, polar fleece and velvet are also available.
- When choosing your overcover, please ensure you add the same size cover as the bed you are ordering. For example, if you are ordering a small/medium bed, you need to add a small/medium overcover.
These mattresses represent the ultimate in comfort, joint support and practicality, and are made to Berkeley Dog Beds’ exclusive design in the UK – ‘Built to last!’